cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Stacked Callouts Auto-Convert to Single Line

JKnoll
4-Participant

Stacked Callouts Auto-Convert to Single Line

Any stacked callouts I create in Illustrate are converted to a single line when I export to IDR, CGM, and SVG. Also seems like the font weight is reduced and line weight is even slightly lower. Anyone else run into this or are there export options somewhere I can edit?

Stacked callouts in Illustrate are created in the callout properties dialog using carriage returns after each line. SVG rendering is consistent between Edge, Firefox, Chrome, IsoDraw, and Adobe Illustrator.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm afraid that does look like a bug, please contact tech support and ask them to log a bug for both issues.

"Open a Support Case":  https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log 

Depending on whether you need hotspots or item list entries or not (& I'm guessing you do) one workaround is to use a note with leader.

That does export cleanly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:JKnoll)

Hi,

What version of Creo Illustrate are you using?

JKnoll
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Hi,

I'm using Illustrate 8.0.0.0

Can you give some more detail on how you are creating the callout?

I have not heard of this issue before and am unable to reproduce it.

JKnoll
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

Sure. I set up my 3d figure with 8.5 x 11 page size.
-On the Home tab, Callouts dropdown I choose the default User Defined option. Click and drag on my part to place a callout and enter a number in the pop-up box.

-Double-click the callout. On the Content tab i use the Enter key to make new lines for my other text. Under Label I change the size to 9 and the shape to none.

-Right click my 3d figure in the Figures panel and choose new figure. In the New Figure dialog, in the 2D side panel I choose current view, create and close.

-Under the File menu, Save Figure As, Save As Illustration File, choose SVG in the type dropdown, and Save. Accept default SVG options.

Not sure if this is related but, see below, just noticing that if I create the default Note callout and export to SVG the note text shifts down so it's no longer centered in the circle shape. (Illustrate on the left and SVG on the right)

JKnoll_0-1647443488958.png

p.s. If I export the 3d figure to SVG instead of the 2d then callouts do not change and appear to export correctly. It seems only exporting the 2d figure consistently messes up callouts

I'm afraid that does look like a bug, please contact tech support and ask them to log a bug for both issues.

"Open a Support Case":  https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log 

Depending on whether you need hotspots or item list entries or not (& I'm guessing you do) one workaround is to use a note with leader.

That does export cleanly.

JKnoll
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

I'll enter a support ticket. Thanks for taking a look.

Is there a good way to link the support request back to this thread?

Top Tags