cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

The ability to switch between all the Creo applications "on the fly"

gzhou-2
2-Guest

The ability to switch between all the Creo applications "on the fly"

Now launch Creo parametric, creo direct, creo schematics, creo Illustrate, creo view only via separate shortcuts. Unable to launch other application from existing launching application,

I think PTC should provide the ability to switch between all the applications "on the fly", for example, switch from Creo Parametric to Creo Direct ,Creo View MCAD or Creo Illustrate, just like CATIA style. Or can launch other applications from one existing application.

15 REPLIES 15
lbai
4-Participant
(To:gzhou-2)

This is really good idea. For current functionality, unable switch creo parametric to direct, or from creo direct to creo parametric or simulate. Only one switch is from Creo Parametric to Creo Simulate.

It seems in Creo 3.0 will enable ability to switch Creo Direct to Creo Simulate

The desired switch is from Creo Parametric to Creo Direct, or from Creo Direct to Creo Parametric. I think this enhancement will be added in Creo 10.0 maybe. Haha

Since CoCreate is now owned by PTC, it seems as though the two should be merged.  When I first heard about the acquisition I thought that would be the natural flow of things.

I was hoping that Parametric would be an extension option to Direct, and Direct be an extension option to Parametric.  I think the two will be miles apart for a long time to come so yes, if you have all the licenses, you should be able to enjoy a fairly integrated solution. 

Where I lost out is the transportability of drawings between the two CAD platforms.  I have to buy a very expensive license and maintenance just for client compatible drawings in Direct (I'm a Parametric user).  I want a converter that properly maps Parametric drawings in Direct seamlessly.  Is that too much to ask?

Hear from GSO that in Creo 3.0 can switch from parametric to direct, from direct to simulate. Hope the related product manager to dual-confirm this.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Flexible Modeling App in Parametric seems to be a small step towards your request. 

MtnDog
7-Bedrock

yup, like piping, cabling, bmx, mechanism, mechanica (simulate) without having to close out of work and relaunch with proper licencse.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite

I created a similar idea here: http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2361

qzhou-2
5-Regular Member

Voted up 41 now, any PM care this idea??

bduncan
15-Moonstone

It's disappointed with PTC enhancement

lbai
4-Participant

Just install Creo 3.0, no surprised enhancement is added.

How did you get the preview version?

qzhou-2
5-Regular Member

I got Creo 3.0 B000 media from one GS guy and need some feedback about this new version. I think you can get it from GS or  technical support team.

bduncan
15-Moonstone

Could you share the video?

Top Tags