cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

automatically convert Creo View File to JT (worker, batch?)

ninja
6-Contributor

automatically convert Creo View File to JT (worker, batch?)

I am looking for a way to convert a Creo View File/ Viewable to a jt file. The Creo View Adapter for JT (jt2pv) is only for publishing to a windchill server, right? I need the other way round. A conversion from Creo View (8.0) to JT, but not interactive by user.  

So I need a server controlled publishing, like a worker or anything else or line publishing (batch). 

3 REPLIES 3
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite
(To:ninja)

Hi:

Would you please explain what is the use case are you trying to build by exporting Creo View to JT? and how is your Creo View content generated, is it from Worker Publishing in windchill?

For CAD Worker publishing there exists an mechanism with which you can generate Additional File Format from source CAD like STEP, JT. 

ninja
6-Contributor
(To:vdegaonkar)

Thanks for your reply.

I need JT Files in another System, outside of Windchill. But I would like to have the current version of the file. 

The Creo View Content is published by Worker in Windchill.

To generate additional files by worker could be possible. But how can i get these generated JT Files automatically to my other system? The APIs only support pvz file downloads. Or is there another interface to get files from Windchill? 

vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite
(To:ninja)

So there are two possible options:

1. you can set up post publish delegate and control additional file through that delegate. Refer article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs204223 

2. You can use WRS API to retrieve the content PTC.Visualization.Representations(<representation_oid>), response to this API also include URL for additional file types

Hope this will help.

Thank You,

-Varad 

Top Tags