cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

"Capture Location" and "Restore Location" feature is broken in Creo View

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

"Capture Location" and "Restore Location" feature is broken in Creo View

The "Capture Location" and/or "Restore Location" function is broken in Creo View at least up to version 8.0. Just lost an hour of work moving parts and saving their position using "Capture Selected".

Then I was going to reset the position of those parts to the original position using "Restore Selected To Original". Instead, however, the parts' position was reset to the captured position that I had moved them to previously, and the original position was entirely lost, for every single Viewable and Annotation set of the assembly/file.

Thus, this feature is broken because "Restore to Original" erroneously restores not the original position, but the last captured position of the respective parts.

This should of course only happen if you select "Restore to Saved" and not "Restore to Original" 😤

@ptc, please fix this urgently.

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:VeqTor)

Hi,

Have you reported this to tech support? "Open a Support Case": https://support.ptc.com/apps/cs_loggers/case_logger/auth/ssl/log

VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks Vladimir. Unfortunately I can't do that at the moment because I don't have a support contract with PTC, or rather, I don't know its credentials which are with my employer.

I will open a support case as soon as I get hold of the data of the support contract.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

The IT administrator in your company should help with this.

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

You must be joking Vladimir?

The IT administrator in my company would not even know about 99.7% of the features of Creo View, let alone how to fix a feature that is broken in the software itself.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

I mean, he has access to both the program's license file and the company's account on the PTC website.

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

Ah yes, of course

Top Tags