cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

search tool and categorizing of product ideas

fmueller
3-Visitor

search tool and categorizing of product ideas

I would like to propose to implement on the PTC website whrer new ideas can be submittet a kind of search tool where I can filter and search the existing product ideas. Someone could have already submitted the idea I would like to submit. So I would rather vote for the existing idea than submitting a new one. BUT with the existing tools it's nearly impossible for me to find any existing idea which is similar to the one I have.

- Specific search for product enhancement ideas

- well categorized

- filtering for category, product range, date of submission, person who submitted the idea, number of votes a.s.o

12 REPLIES 12

Gary Bunney sent me a link to the following discussion related to the search of ideas in the community:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/196704#196704 (thanks Gary)

Following that discussion I found out, that the problem seems to be more that the funcion is not really self explainiing and to well hidden in the format of the website. The way for searching anf filtering seems to be:

1.) Use the rudimentary tiny search box in the header of the main site

snap1154.gif

2) After typing somethin and pressing search you will come to the site I would call as the real search site

there are pulldown menus to filters and additional options.

snap1156.gif

3) Using the button "search tips" (Suchtips) will open another site with some helpful explanations to the search "syntax"

To summarize; I would like to change my original idea to:

Please add a button "advanced search" or make it somehow more obviously that it is needed initially to do initially a search (without any filters) just to access the site with all the advanced functions the user expects.

Thanks for that tricky setting.

That's right it's a very hidden function and who knows perhaps it's so desired from PTC ?

I hope not.

Please chage your Website with a clear function "Search for Ideas" !

thanks

Martin

FPerez
12-Amethyst
(To:fmueller)

The advanced search is a good tip but for example, i can't search all my ideas !
The search tools always ask for a word.

Thanks

FPerez
12-Amethyst

Idea 1699 is quit the same.

It would be nice if you could hyperlink to that idea. If I do a search for idea 1699 id shows your comment only.

@Fabrice Perez

just go on top of the page to the dropdown menu "personal" and select "ideas". Then you should get a list of all your personal ideas.

FPerez
12-Amethyst

@FRIEDER MUELLER

Right ! Thanks 🙂

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/1699

link to idea 1699

Best regards.

FPerez
12-Amethyst

With the new UI, I can't find again how to display my own ideas !

Thanks for help if someone found !

Link still does not work - or does not work anymore?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

VecTor
6-Contributor
(To:PTCModerator)

I can't believe how for ten years PTC fails to add a simple search function to the PTC Product Idea Submission page?

Top Tags