cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

text on a 2-d isometric plane

bfriesen
16-Pearl

text on a 2-d isometric plane

Is there a way to get text to show up on a 2-d plane? The help guide tells you how to put it on a cylinder, donut, sphere. But not on a flat surface.

Thanks

Bryon

6 REPLIES 6

Sure - it is very easy. Here is an excerpt of the help.

Plane Projection

The plane projection tool (Projection from one plane to another one) allows you to drag selected elements onto another perspective plane.

This function allows you to use existing parts in another perspective. This can be useful, for example, if you want to change a technical view into a perspective view. Furthermore, you can project elements from one perspective into another.

agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:bfriesen)

Hi Byron,

Yes if you use the first tool in the dropdown, this will project text onto a flat suface.

Project+text.png

Hope this helps.

Ah I see some of my problem, you need to draw a circle inorder for the projection to work it cannot be a square. How did you get your text to align? Mine is coming in upsdie down and at an angle?

Bryon

agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:bfriesen)

Yes, you have to use a circle around the text and snap it to an ellipse on the surface.
In the example above I had to rotate the text 45% using the perspective rotation tool.

Perspective+rotation+tool.png

You should also be able to perspective reflection tool if it's reversed.

Adrian

They seemed to leave those two tibits of info out of the help guide. Thank you Adrian and Markus for your suggestions and help.

Bryon

That is no problem. Just rotate the text.

IsoDraw+CADprocess+7.jpg

Top Tags