cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Accessing 'Used By' information from Pro/E

ybhide
1-Newbie

Accessing 'Used By' information from Pro/E

Pro/E wildfire 3.0 M200
PDMLink 8.0 M030

I was wondering if there is a way to let users quickly access 'used by'
information about active model in pro/e session. Currently to get to
this, user has to either browse to model information page or search for
it. The select 'Used by' link to get to the information. It will be
greate if we could create a Mapkey that will look at the active model's
file name, performa a search in PDMLink and get to the details page or
better yet 'used by' page. Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,
Yugendra

Yugendra Bhide
Design Engineer
Norse Dairy Systems
Columbus, Oh

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the person(s) or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
jer3d1
1-Newbie
(To:ybhide)

For what it's worth Yugendra,

Here is a trick that I use to retrieve this information from PDMLink. When a document is up to date, you can access the button "Send To --> Mail Recipient (as Link)"

[cid:image001.png@01C9F40B.800A3520]

I click this button and use the address in the email to open the details page in a browser.

So... Pro-E has the address and a browser, is there a more efficient way to achieve this?

Best wishes,
Jered

Top Tags