cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CFD mesh quality issues

ptc-1201161
1-Newbie

CFD mesh quality issues

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 8.0 (connected) Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.2.0

One of the engineers in this group is running CFD through Creo Flow, and the systems environment variables (CFD merge quality of 10 and CFD mesh control of 0.1) no not seem to be applied properly to the model.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Talk to my colleagues, there are some special things in your model. temporally solution is to export it to step and import it again. Then tessellate should pick up those settings. Or you can try creo 9. CFA tessellation in creo 9 expose all controls directly in the UI

cfdgeek_0-1651887305189.png

Hello,

PTC Support case was reported and using the Creo command Open System Window, we were able to confirm both variables had been set and read in the Creo session.  It was determined that the low fidelity of the geometry was related to the Edge Display Quality and Shade Quality settings which could be increased.

Hi Mike,

So does this means settings in Edge Display Quality and Shade Quality will affect the tessellation function in Creo Flow Analysis? This is even new to me. Could you explain this in details? thanks.

Top Tags