cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

CREO7.0.9.0: Unable to select Plasticity in Static Analysis with Elasto-Plastic Material definitions

ES_10894057
4-Participant

CREO7.0.9.0: Unable to select Plasticity in Static Analysis with Elasto-Plastic Material definitions

Currently I have a contact model that consists of two separate bodies. One body is fully fixed and assigned a linear elastic material with steel properties. The second body rests on top of the first and has a fully defined elasto-plastic material. This was defined using developed test data. My problem comes when I am trying to enable "Plasticity" in the static analysis. The option is completely greyed out and unavailable. The material is both assigned to the model and to the correct body. Has this issue been reported previously or is there something I am missing? 

I have tried a variety of solutions such as assigning all bodies the same elasto-plastic material, suppressing features that could cause issues (grounded springs/Links). Neither solution yielded any results. Even when using the elasto-plastic material definition I receive the same error seen below. Note: EP is shorthand for elasto-plastic for my naming convention and the material it is referencing does have an EP material definition. 

** Warning:

The yield condition has been exceeded for the material(s) listed
           below.  You should consider using an elasto-plastic
           material, if applicable.
EP_A357

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Evan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"...The second body rests on top of the first and has a fully defined elasto-plastic material..."

-> Elasto-plastic material must be assigned in the assembly, example attached

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

"...The second body rests on top of the first and has a fully defined elasto-plastic material..."

-> Elasto-plastic material must be assigned in the assembly, example attached

Hi @skunks , @ES_10894057 ,

Is this a bug in Creo7 with detecting that EP material is already assigned if multiple bodies are in a part? Or, is it related to the hierarchy of material assignments, where the higher levels override lower level assignments?

Here is my understanding of the hierarchy of material assignment. Higher assignments on the list override the lower ones.

note: Simulation hierarchy is also affected by Simplified Representation - Master/Excluded states.

Top Assembly Sim.

Sub-Assembly Sim.

Part Sim.

Part.

Body.

I had this case with a customer (bearing manufacturer) in Creo 7 (I use Creo 2 M080 myself).

ES_10894057
4-Participant
(To:skunks)

Okay so the EP material has been assigned in the assembly and shows under File->Prepare->Model Properties, I am still unable to select the "plasticity" checkbox under the Nonlinear option in a static analysis. Do you have any idea as to why this would be the case? 

Please upload the model (simplified), thanks.

You cannot do the steps indicated in an assembly, only in a part.  

Please make the simulation model report and verify "ASSIGNED TO MODEL" is shown for the EP material.

SweetPeasHub_0-1712334874018.png  this makes the report.

SweetPeasHub_1-1712335049870.png

Top Tags