cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Case sensitive Program in Assembly

TedOtto
3-Visitor

Case sensitive Program in Assembly

Is there a way to set-up a program inside of an assembly to not matter whether or not you use upper or lower case letters?

I have a simple program in an assembly that just changes the Mate Offset of a componet, depending on which state the assembly is in, either low or high. In my program I prompt the user to enter "LOW" or "HIGH" to shift the assembly. Problem is some guys always have their caps lock on and some guys don't. Currently to fix the issues, I just double the lines in the program listing to cover whether the user uses all uppercase or lowercase letters. See below:

IF SHIFTING =="LOW"

D123=1

ENDIF

IF SHIFTING =="low"

D123=1

ENDIF

Is there a way to not make if shift is LOW or low work? Is there an "equals or" function in when programing? It's not a huge deal to double up on the lines in the program since mine are usually pretty short. But it's remembering to make sure the lowercase & uppercase values stay the same.

Thanks for any info/tips/advice!

Ted Otto

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags