cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Constrains question in assembly and the unnecessary shown of the datum plane

yguo
1-Newbie

Constrains question in assembly and the unnecessary shown of the datum plane

I want to add constraints, can be contact or distance,  in assembly using two sphere surface, (both surface with same DIA). But looks like  it does not work, please see picture. Any one can help?

One more question is , in the same assembly. There are some datum plane showing on the screen. They are from the component level when I worked on the detail drawing. Can I make these datum no-shown in assembly model or even in component as well?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:yguo)

For the assembly constraint, preselect the CENTERED constraint before selecting the spherical surfaces.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StephenW
23-Emerald II

For the assembly constraint, preselect the CENTERED constraint before selecting the spherical surfaces.

yguo
1-Newbie
(To:StephenW)

Actually, I want to make these two sphere surface contact each other.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

If the 2 diameters are the same and they are centered, they are contacting each other.

You can use coincident and select one of the spheres and a point on the surface of the other.

You could try tangent (pre-select the tangent constraint - don't use automatic)

For the datums, you can add the datums to a layer and hide that layer in the assembly. This works in Creo 3. Before creo 3 or maybe sometime during creo 2 development, layers would not work on set datums.

yguo
1-Newbie

Actually, I want to make these two sphere surface contact each other.

rmoerbeek
1-Newbie

You can use point on point (the center of the spheres)

You can try [Tangent]

rmoerbeek
1-Newbie

Regarding showing datum planes:

You can hide them using Hide planes

You can place all datums with rules on layers.

Then using Layer Tree you can hide them on part, drawing or assy level.

For datum planes, if you link them to a tolerance box, they do not appears in assembly. But sometimes they appears in the drawing and you have to "erase" them.

yguo
1-Newbie
(To:vfleury)

I defined the datum plane in drawing. And I do not really need them shown in 3D, but these planes do show in the component level then shown in the assembly. I erased them in part but the other day I open the file, they show up again. 

yguo
1-Newbie
(To:rmoerbeek)

Thank you . Your reply fix my question. I just need to go to the layers to make these hidden.

rmoerbeek
1-Newbie

And then remember to "Save status"

Otherwise the next time you open Creo, the settings are reset to the latest saved status.

yguo
1-Newbie

Yes. You're right.

Top Tags