cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo 10 Flow analysis inlet outlet fluid body creation

GK_11492461
3-Visitor

Creo 10 Flow analysis inlet outlet fluid body creation

Hello

I am trying to model a simple CFD with heat transfer.

The model contains a solid body with internal flow channel and two holes for inlet and outlet.

The flow channel was created in solid part by revolving a sketch and removing material, then I added holes on surface to interface with that channel.

When I create fluid domain, I select the surface containing the inlet and outlet holes. The created fluid body looks fine. However, when I try to define boundary conditions for inlet and outlet, I am unable to select each surface individually. Both inlet and outlet get highlighted together as I try to select either one to define flow.  

Has anyone encountered similar problem? thanks for your advise in advance.

Also another question is what is 'caps' option and what is seed surface when creating fluid domain, Do I need to define a seed surface?

thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi this is creo feature, you need to split the surface and then those two faces are decoupled. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I have a couple thoughts for you. First, make sure the two holes are separate features. Second, if the holes are on the same surface that may cause a problem too. Make a small protusion around one of the holes so that they are not on the same plane.

thanks for the ideas. I did make them separate feature, but that did not solve the problem. I am yet to try making the holes on different planes. 

Hello @GK_11492461

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped to answer your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Hi this is creo feature, you need to split the surface and then those two faces are decoupled. Thanks.

I thought I had it working, but I ran into problems again.

Could you show me how to create inlet outlet in the attached model.

I want to do internal fluid analysis.

Pipe has inelt on one end, on extrude 1.

It has an orifice inside

the outlet is on extrude 2. However the outlet is obstructed by a body, created by extrude 4. i want the outlet to be the circular ring surface.

thank you.

Announcements

Top Tags