cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 Simulate : Large deformation analysis and crash of the software

ccantarelli
8-Gravel

Creo 2.0 Simulate : Large deformation analysis and crash of the software

Hello,

I have an issue with Large Deformation Analysis : my simulation involves two parts with snap fits (I have defined contacts between the surfaces that will have to interact). The problem is that when I try to launch a Large Deformation Analysis the program crashes and the CREO window disappears. On the contraty, when I launched the LDA for a snap fit problem involving two very simplified bodies, no problems occurred.

Thank you very much for the help.

Best Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Have you verified that materials have been assigned to all components and the materials have valid properties?

Do you get any error messages when you Autogem mesh the assembly manually before running the analysis?

Thanks,

Don

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!

Hi,

yes I have already checked and no error message appears when I mesh the components. The simualtion runs without problem if I do not set LDA (but of course results are wrong).

Thank you very much

After re-reading your issue. It might be related to how you have some of your contacts defined.

Have you tried applying the contacts as one contact part to part and leting Creo auto define the contacts?

Hope this helps,

Don

Thanks,
Don Anderson

Unfortunatelly I had tried also this solution but without success. However thank you very much for the help, if I undestrand what was wrong I'll let you know!

Regards,

Claudia

Do you have any springs defined or shell elements in your analysis that you are trying to run?

Thanks,
Don Anderson

Hi!

No, I have no springs and no shell elements, just two components meshed with solid tethra elements.

Thank you!

Regards

Top Tags