cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 Student Edition Collision Settings

sycophant
2-Guest

Creo 2.0 Student Edition Collision Settings

Hi all,

I'm running Creo 2.0 Student Edition. Under Collision Detection Settings>Optional Settings, I only have the option for "Sound Warning on Collision". I'm looking for the option to "Stop when colliding". Is this a limitation on the student edition?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not necessarily. If you have only "Sound warning (..)" option, it may be, because you have only basic collision settings enabled. Try adding enable_advance_collision option to your config.pro and set its value to "yes". It should enable advanced collision settings, which include "Stop when colliding" option. If it doesn't work, then Student Edition may have such limitations indeed.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hello,

You can get additional information here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/products/free-software 

Thanks,

Amit

Not necessarily. If you have only "Sound warning (..)" option, it may be, because you have only basic collision settings enabled. Try adding enable_advance_collision option to your config.pro and set its value to "yes". It should enable advanced collision settings, which include "Stop when colliding" option. If it doesn't work, then Student Edition may have such limitations indeed.

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Why isn't this the default and the user has to set/enable it manually?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ProFeature)

I don't know specifics about this setting but in general, when there is an option like this, there is a major performance hit if you use this setting. So PTC makes it so you can turn it on and off as needed.

Major performance hit—what is it?

Is this intimidation a result of rumors or is there a more serious reason for it?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You would have to ask PTC specifics about the setting.

My very rudimentary search of the knowledgebase returned this.

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/index.html#page/simulate/mech_des/To_def_coll_detect_settings.html

There is no mention of the performance issue in the link you provided.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Please ask PTC support directly for specific information on that setting.

My opinion is strictly my opinion and not worth anything.

Without any evidence, you accuse PTC of "major performance hit". And after that, you have me contact PTC to get more details about the issue?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Okay, point taken. Please disregard.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Why are you even responding to a 7 year old question about a version of Creo that has been update 8 times since this version was released?

A lot of things can change in 7 years!

Regarding enable_advance_collision, nothing has changed...

Top Tags