cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 7.0.2.0 Live Simulation Simulate icon locked

magnus.salomons
14-Alexandrite

Creo 7.0.2.0 Live Simulation Simulate icon locked

In Creo 6.0.4.0 I can run Live Simulation without any problems but in Creo 7.0.2.0 I can only assign constraints and loads as the Simulate 'button' is locked. Without adding floating license the constraint and loads icons including Simulate icons are greyed out.

Anyone experienced this issue.

Live simulation tab.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oull
15-Moonstone
(To:magnus.salomons)

SPR 12671141 has been corrected in Creo 7.0.4.0

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
oull
15-Moonstone

we made a test using a  floating License

oull_2-1616744319385.png

and we can reproduce CSL Locked Simulate icon in case if the floating license option « CREO_SIMLIVECFD_SET » was not moved to right side  „startup extentions“:

oull_0-1616744213644.png

oull_3-1616744352722.png

After reconfiguring and then moving the floating license option « CREO_SIMLIVECFD_SET » to right side tot he „startup extentions“ , then the Simulate icon is displayed without Locked symbol !

oull_1-1616744213646.png

However, this is not how the license should work.  It should be able to be used as a floating option.   

regards

Mustapha

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:oull)

@oull wrote:

we made a test using a  floating License

oull_2-1616744319385.png

and we can reproduce CSL Locked Simulate icon in case if the floating license option « CREO_SIMLIVECFD_SET » was not moved to right side  „startup extentions“:

oull_0-1616744213644.png

oull_3-1616744352722.png

After reconfiguring and then moving the floating license option « CREO_SIMLIVECFD_SET » to right side tot he „startup extentions“ , then the Simulate icon is displayed without Locked symbol !

oull_1-1616744213646.png

However, this is not how the license should work.  It should be able to be used as a floating option.   

regards

Mustapha

Hi,

I think that your company bought license extension (because it is cheaper than floating license). Check the contents of license file.

Martin Hanák
oull
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

it is just a test "Trail" license for one month!

#PROBUNDLE_10138 1 Creo Simulation Live Plus Creo 7.0 Flt Opt

Expiration Date = 31-mar-2021

regards

Mustapha

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@oull wrote:

Hi Martin,

it is just a test "Trail" license for one month!

#PROBUNDLE_10138 1 Creo Simulation Live Plus Creo 7.0 Flt Opt

Expiration Date = 31-mar-2021

regards

Mustapha

Hi,

1.) I am not sure whether testing license corresponds with regular subscription license.

2.) Info you sent in your reply is comment, not license code

3.) PROBUNDLE items are represented by two INCREMENT blocks in license file

Question: Did you report the problem to PTC Support? Did they open SPR ?

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I reported it to our VAR who then reported it back to PTC. Did not get an SPR back. Their solution was the one that Alexandrite showed but as he pointed out and also I told PTC support it's not how the floating license should work.

The same license works as intended in Creo 6.0 but not in Creo 7.0 so it seems that something is different in Creo 7.0. It's also strange that if you choose to add the license in Creo 7.0 on demand via File - Options - Licenses it 'opens up' the everything except running the simulations. You can set constraints, loads etc but you can't start the simulation.

Here is an extract from our licenses which are subscription and not a trial licence.

Creo Simulation Live license file.jpg

Hi,

if the same license works as intended in Creo 6.0 but not in Creo 7.0 then I would insist on the opening of SPR. Ask the VAR to repeat the repair request to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
oull
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi,

I Reported this new SPR 12671141 as this is not how the floating license should work.  It should be able to be used as a floating option like it was possible in Creo 6.0

thanks

regards

Mustapha

oull
15-Moonstone

SPR 12671141 has been corrected in Creo 7.0.4.0

oull
15-Moonstone

SPR 12671141 has been corrected in Creo Parametric 7.0.4.0 , Creo 8.0.1.0 & Creo 9.0.0.0

for more info please refer to this article CS341626 at:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS341626

Top Tags