cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 9.0 models cannot be imported into ANSYS Workbench 2022.

xliu-4
3-Visitor

Creo 9.0 models cannot be imported into ANSYS Workbench 2022.

1.png

In Creo 9.0, click the workbench option

3.png

When the above picture appears, click "OK", Creo 9.0 will crash directly.

What is the reason for this, and is there a solution?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:xliu-4)

Hi when opening a Creo 9 file and switching to ANSYS Workbench, Creo crashes. This is unexpected and you request assistance on Creo's support desk. Which is legitimate. 

There is a thin line that we need to draw: does the issue lay on the Creo Parametric or the Workbench side? From your screencapture the tab Workbench button is part of is that of Ansys <version here>.

Because the adapter / plugin is developed by ANSYS albeit PTC provides the API, a case needs to be filed at ANSYS Support Desk to determine the root cause of the crash.

Randomly i would recommend to re-install the CAD Interface via the ANSYS CAD Configuration Manager. 

///Edit:

After discussing the issue internally, i've been told that there has been instances of issues with overlapping surfaces or interferences between assembly components and that the plug-in could be challenged by welds

You can proceed by elimination and see if one or several of those features are causing the crash.

But again, this is poking randomly and ANSYS are the better qualified to identify the issue.

On a slightly different note, did you give a chance to  Creo ANSYS Simulation under the Application tab? The solution is more recent and more integrated, it is co-development whereas the Workbench plug-in is ANSYS IP.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

My first guess is compatibility. Was Ansys 2022 was released before Creo 9?

Check on the Ansys or Creo web pages for a software compatibility matrix.

It also fails to import in Ansys 2022 R2, the same crash problem occurs.

remy
21-Topaz I

Hi when opening a Creo 9 file and switching to ANSYS Workbench, Creo crashes. This is unexpected and you request assistance on Creo's support desk. Which is legitimate. 

There is a thin line that we need to draw: does the issue lay on the Creo Parametric or the Workbench side? From your screencapture the tab Workbench button is part of is that of Ansys <version here>.

Because the adapter / plugin is developed by ANSYS albeit PTC provides the API, a case needs to be filed at ANSYS Support Desk to determine the root cause of the crash.

Randomly i would recommend to re-install the CAD Interface via the ANSYS CAD Configuration Manager. 

///Edit:

After discussing the issue internally, i've been told that there has been instances of issues with overlapping surfaces or interferences between assembly components and that the plug-in could be challenged by welds

You can proceed by elimination and see if one or several of those features are causing the crash.

But again, this is poking randomly and ANSYS are the better qualified to identify the issue.

On a slightly different note, did you give a chance to  Creo ANSYS Simulation under the Application tab? The solution is more recent and more integrated, it is co-development whereas the Workbench plug-in is ANSYS IP.  

Top Tags