cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Ansys Simulation Run and Create Mesh Button Greyed Out

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Creo Ansys Simulation Run and Create Mesh Button Greyed Out

Hello,

I'm currently trying out the new Ansys Simulation Module. By doing so I wanted to run a couple of simulations but the Buttons "run" and "Generate Mesh" are greyed out. I've checked with a couple of different models and I've also created one just for checking the behavior. Even with just a cube, I can reproduce this behavior (Screenshots attached). Has anyone come across this problem and knows how to solve it? I'm starting to think it must have something to do with some settings? 

Any help is appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:SNC)

When I've had this type of problem in the past it's usually because I either am missing something that needs to be defined for an analysis, or most of the time I've forgotten to start up Creo with the necessary Simulate license included. In olden times it was possible to acquire a Simulate license while running standard Creo, but in the current releases I had to set up specific start scripts to use the license.

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks for your reply. As you can see in the screenshots I have everything defined which should be needed for a standard simulation. Also, I'm quite sure I have the license activated. I'm going to attach a screenshot of the license window just to make sure. 

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:SNC)

@SNC wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently trying out the new Ansys Simulation Module. By doing so I wanted to run a couple of simulations but the Buttons "run" and "Generate Mesh" are greyed out. I've checked with a couple of different models and I've also created one just for checking the behavior. Even with just a cube, I can reproduce this behavior (Screenshots attached). Has anyone come across this problem and knows how to solve it? I'm starting to think it must have something to do with some settings? 

Any help is appreciated! 

Hi,

maybe ... your problem is similar to the problem described in https://community.ptc.com/t5/Analysis/Creo-7-0-2-0-Live-Simulation-Simulate-icon-locked/m-p/710212 discussion. Try reconfiguring your Creo command by adding ANSYS code to Creo licence.

Martin Hanák
SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately enough it didn't solve the problem. I just reconfigured Creo and put the Ansys Modul in the Startup extensions Window but it didn't work. 

Thanks you anyway!

Top Tags