cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo Ansys Simulation Solve - Failed - 0% completed

ProFeature
13-Aquamarine

Creo Ansys Simulation Solve - Failed - 0% completed

Hello All,

We have a problem with the Ansys Simulation module in Creo 11.0.0.0. When we run the simulation with the default settings, it always shows the message: "Solve I Failed I 0% completed," even when running with a simple part, and then stops without showing any results.

We had no such problem in Ansys Simulation when using Creo 10 on the same hardware. Why is this happening?

Our hardware: Windows 11, 28 GB memory, AMD Epyc 7V12 (4 CPUs), 2.4GHz, and NVIDIA T4.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may assist us solve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ProFeature wrote:

The support responded that our hardware is not certified and that they are unable to reproduce the scenario.

Hi,

that's what I expected...

Suggestion: You can try to apply the solution which resolved my problem in Creo 9.0.6.0 and Creo 10.0.2.0.

I copied AOCL-LibBlis-Win-MT-dll.dll file into specific Creo subdirectories:

C:\PTC\Creo9_060\Creo 9.0.6.0\Common Files\applications\ansys\ansys\bin\winx64\BLAS\AMD

C:\PTC\Creo10_020\Creo 10.0.2.0\Common Files\applications\ansys\ansys\bin\winx64\BLAS\AMD

AOCL-LibBlis-Win-MT-dll.dll file is zipped in the attachment. I extracted this file from AOCL installation.

I downloaded AOCL_Windows-setup-4.1.0.204-AMD.exe from https://www.amd.com/en/developer/aocl.html page.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@ProFeature wrote:

Hello All,

We have a problem with the Ansys Simulation module in Creo 11.0.0.0. When we run the simulation with the default settings, it always shows the message: "Solve I Failed I 0% completed," even when running with a simple part, and then stops without showing any results.

We had no such problem in Ansys Simulation when using Creo 10 on the same hardware. Why is this happening?

Our hardware: Windows 11, 28 GB memory, AMD Epyc 7V12 (4 CPUs), 2.4GHz, and NVIDIA T4.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may assist us solve this issue.

Hi,

please report the problem to PTC Support and told us the results. I am very curious about their reaction.

Note:

In October 2023 I reported that Ansys Simulation fails in Creo 9.0.6.0 with the message Solve I Failed I 99% completed - Solve phase jumps very quickly from 0% to 99% and fails on PC (AMD processor, NVIDIA RTX A4000, Windows 11).

• PTC told me that my HW is not supported.
  • I have found that PTC Support does not have any AMD CPU available and therefore cannot reproduce the problem.

Martin Hanák

Hi @MartinHanak 

We are able to run Creo 10.0.4.0 Ansys Simulation on the same hardware without any issues, so how are we supposed to determine if this is a hardware issue?

@ProFeature wrote:

Hi @MartinHanak 

We are able to run Creo 10.0.4.0 Ansys Simulation on the same hardware without any issues, so how are we supposed to determine if this is a hardware issue?

Hi,

please do not ask me such question. I am ordinary Creo user,  not PTC guy. Please contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

The support responded that our hardware is not certified and that they are unable to reproduce the scenario.

@ProFeature wrote:

Hi,

that's what I expected...

Suggestion: You can try to apply the solution which resolved my problem in Creo 9.0.6.0 and Creo 10.0.2.0.

I copied AOCL-LibBlis-Win-MT-dll.dll file into specific Creo subdirectories:

C:\PTC\Creo9_060\Creo 9.0.6.0\Common Files\applications\ansys\ansys\bin\winx64\BLAS\AMD

C:\PTC\Creo10_020\Creo 10.0.2.0\Common Files\applications\ansys\ansys\bin\winx64\BLAS\AMD

AOCL-LibBlis-Win-MT-dll.dll file is zipped in the attachment. I extracted this file from AOCL installation.

I downloaded AOCL_Windows-setup-4.1.0.204-AMD.exe from https://www.amd.com/en/developer/aocl.html page.

Martin Hanák

Thank you @MartinHanak  👌

I tried it on two simple examples and it's working based on your solution.

CREO 11.0.0.0.- Ansys simulation (based on Azure VM- model: NCasT4_v3-series

TV_10349854_0-1715166184212.png

Best regards,

David

@TV_10349854 wrote:

Thank you @MartinHanak  👌

I tried it on two simple examples and it's working based on your solution.

CREO 11.0.0.0.- Ansys simulation (based on Azure VM- model: NCasT4_v3-series

TV_10349854_0-1715166184212.png

Best regards,

David

Hi,

Note: You forgot to mention that you used AOCL 4.2.0.280 installer.

Martin Hanák
fdio-2
6-Contributor
(To:ProFeature)

they are still working on it, please wait until the next datecode 11.0.1, or you can use 10.0.4.

2024-05-08_140233.pnghttps://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS398825

@fdio-2 wrote:

they are still working on it, please wait until the next datecode 11.0.1, or you can use 10.0.4.

2024-05-08_140233.pnghttps://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS398825

Hi,

OP can only keep his fingers crossed...

The main problem is that PTC ignores computers with AMD processor. Their support does not have such computers available!

Martin Hanák
ProFeature
13-Aquamarine
(To:ProFeature)

Hello All,

According Article - CS417403 Creo 11.0.1.0 will already have a solution.

Top Tags