cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Flow analysis and polymers flow

smouatadiri
11-Garnet

Creo Flow analysis and polymers flow

Hello everyone!

Some questions about Creo Flow and Polymers: Is it possible to analyze polymers flow in extrusion simulation processes (wire coating and cable insulation)? Creo Flow propose at least two mathematical models to handle the viscosity "Herschel-Bulkley model" and a user-defined function (nonNewtonian fluids), are they suitable for PA, PVC, PE for example? And is it possible to include the influence of temperature?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Sidi

4 REPLIES 4

Sounds like you need Mold Analyses Extension. Not CFD (Flow Analyses)

Hi aujittewaal,

Thank for your response. To be honest, I thought Mold Analyses Extension (don't know to use it) in the beginning but since for wire coating processes the polymers flow is at a time outside the mold I dismissed it in favor of Creo flow analysis. For the latter, I'm sure now he can handle such manufacturing simulation processes. But the good mathematical model must be implemented for that. It will help me to make a decision if anybody can share some customer references using Mold Analyses Extension for wire coating processes.

Thank you in advance,

Sidi

Dear Sidi,

If you want technical answers on the capabilities of Creo Flow Analyses, you
can better contact Simerics directly, 'Simerics MP' is the product behind
Creo Flow Analyses.
I'm not familiar with wire coating processes, so I wouldn't know what you
exactly need.

Dear auijttewaal,

Thank you for your suggestion;

I have contacted them!  They told me that this type of simulation process is possible but the Carreau model, which is appropriate to simulate a lot of polymers for a large range of strain rate " isn't implemented. We have to develop a user function for that! I 'm waiting from them additional informations. Concerning your proposition to use Moldlow analysis extension, finally I will contact directy the autodesk support!

Bets regards,

Sidi

auijttewaal

Top Tags