cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo Pro 5 Show Dimensions Issue

AnthonyT
5-Regular Member

Creo Pro 5 Show Dimensions Issue

We migrated to Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M140 on Monday and I've been experiencing an issue with dimensions not showing on drawings. I've tried every iteration of Show Model Annotations conceivable and they do not show up. They don't show up as Annotations under the view and aren't erased. I've had to resort to drawing created dimensions for them, see the attached jpg.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? This has happened on multiple drawings of different parts and assemblies.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure if this is the solution because you mention they're not erased, but it's worth a try.

While in the Annotate tab, try going to the drawing tree and expanding the annotations node for the view in question. Pick through the dimensions you see there to check if the missing dims highlight. If so, you can right-click and pick "unerase".

One of the stupidest changes PTC implemented, IMO.

In Reply to Anthony Troupe:

We migrated to Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M140 on Monday and I've been experiencing an issue with dimensions not showing on drawings. I've tried every iteration of Show Model Annotations conceivable and they do not show up. They don't show up as Annotations under the view and aren't erased. I've had to resort to drawing created dimensions for them, see the attached jpg.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? This has happened on multiple drawings of different parts and assemblies.

AnthonyT
5-Regular Member
(To:AnthonyT)

I had already tried doing that and they don't show up in any other view as erased annotations. It's like they don't exist in the drawing, at all.

In Reply to Don Senchuk:

Not sure if this is the solution because you mention they're not erased, but it's worth a try.

While in the Annotate tab, try going to the drawing tree and expanding the annotations node for the view in question. Pick through the dimensions you see there to check if the missing dims highlight. If so, you can right-click and pick "unerase".

One of the stupidest changes PTC implemented, IMO.

In Reply to Anthony Troupe:

TimKnier
4-Participant
(To:AnthonyT)

We had something like this happen where some dimensions seemed to be in limbo. They weren't showing on the drawing and they weren't in the list of annotations in the drawing tree and they weren't in the list in the show model annotations window. While in the drawing, go into layers. In the layer tree, go the layer (hopefully you have one) that lists the dimensions. Start clicking on the dimensions in the list and see if any of the missing dimensions highlight in the drawing. If they do, select them and delete them. Now when you go to the show model annotations window they should show up in the list to show on the drawing.

Tim Knier
QG Product & Support Engineering
QuadTech
A Subsidiary of Quad/Graphics
Sussex, Wisconsin
414-566-7439 phone
-<">mailto:->
www.quadtechworld.com<">http://www.quadtechworld.com>

WF 5.0 M020 no Ilink/WC

Well, I seem to be having the same problem here. This part has only three features in the model; one 'protrusion' (sq tube), one 'chamfer' (on each end of tube), and one 'extrude' (hole). I cannot get one of the holes dimensions to show. It's not erased, it's not on a layer, and I don't know where it is.
If I add another hole, no problem to get the dims to show whether it's an 'extrusion' or a 'hole'.
Where the h*** is that missing dim???

Vinson Loos

Hi Vinson,
We only went to WF5 at M040 when I stopped seeing drawing problems at that
release. It still had layered off surfaces pre-highlighting but other than
that was workable. That was fixed in M070 (name change to Creo) and I went
to M100 which I am still on. We do not use Windchill (yet) so no
complications there.
We have not been early adopters of any initial issues of any release so far.

I suggest going to a later release. Good luck.

Regards,

*Brent Drysdale*
*Senior Design Engineer*
Tait Communications
Top Tags