cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo Simulate Not allowing new Simulation (Creo 4.0)

DNMakinson
4-Participant

Creo Simulate Not allowing new Simulation (Creo 4.0)

I am using Creo Simulate Release 4.0 and DatecodeM150

I have parts upon which we ran structural simulations in the past. I wish to now run a fresh simulation in assembly mode. When I have my assembly in session, and go to simulate, I get all these failures due to bad constraints and load sets. I want to start fresh and try to use HOME / SET UP / NEW SIMULATION MODEL. However, New Simulation Model is greyed out.

I also cannot delete individual constraints or loads in the model tree.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My guess is that you are seeing simulation entities that are pulled up from the part levels and that there is no assembly level simulation model and hence greyed out. You can tell from the model tree whether the simulation entities reside in the top level or within in the parts. The solution would then be to open each part that has simulation entities and click the "new simulation model" so they are also reset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

My guess is that you are seeing simulation entities that are pulled up from the part levels and that there is no assembly level simulation model and hence greyed out. You can tell from the model tree whether the simulation entities reside in the top level or within in the parts. The solution would then be to open each part that has simulation entities and click the "new simulation model" so they are also reset.

I was able to delete some (but not all) of the elements on individual parts. Then, I went to the Generic, and could finally get to the "New Simulation Model".

Thank you for your help.

By the way, I still only have the option to run the assy simulation as new in the Generic. Is that normal? I think I may created a copied assy that has no instances and use that for my simulation.

DNM

I do not have much experience with family tables so that is a new one for me. My guess is that the generic was where the simulation entities were created so the interaction with the instances did not allow changes to the generic. I am guessing this restriction is also on other details that can only be changed in the generic. What would surprise me is if you could not include the instance in your top level assembly simulation model, but had to use the generic for any simulations. I am  hoping that is not what you were saying, but in that case there probably is a way to break the instance out as an independent part for simulation purposes. 

Top Tags