Using Creo Simulate 3.0 for static stress analysis.
When I generate results; for certain models; the stresses are given as e.g. 150 MPa.
For other Models (using same analysis and modelling units): 1.50e+02 MPa
I would like to change the latter output example to match the former (i.e. 150MPa).
However I cannot seem to be able to find a setting?
In 'Format Legend Edit, the result is shown as MPa also, but cannot find a way to change the result 'table' from +00 to (non engineering) units.
Please find attached, I want the legend results to appear in MPa (as per edit box), not 'e+02', as in the results window.
The same 'non consistent' output legend occurs for other results, such as displacements.
I do see the same behaviour as reported by the OP, now that I come to look.
It happens that I've recently taken a bunch of results screenshots: most of them are in 'plain' numbers, but just one (where I've done two windows showing Y- and Z-displacement components, it's the Z) is in 'scientific' notation (not 'engineering' - that would be multiples of three for the "E+").
I certainly didn't consciously change anything - in fact the window with the scientific notation is probably a copy of the other one.
I'm using Creo 2.0 Commercial, btw.
Yes, this is what I am experiencing.
Generally I get a consistent results output, in terms of Stress unit nomenclature but for certain runs, I get the ENG output on the screen, for no logical reason.
The config (pro) file, and units I use are all set as the same for all my models.
Hmm, I don't see the same on stress. I'm in PSI.
Hi all and thanks for the replies.
For certain models the screen output is '150MPa' and consistent with the legend edit box.
A 'consistent' output for another model is here:
My issue is when I am trying to publish work which directly compare stresses between models.
e.g. One stress from a Model is given as 200 MPa and the other Model uses the 2.00E+02 MPa engineering format.
My issue is whether there is a way of changing the ENG (+00) Stress Output to a standard format.
Neither are incorrect, and this is basically semantics, but it is frustrating I cannot make the results screen units into MPa per se, not adopting the e+02 unit format for certain screen displays.
Another case shown here:
This is a Strain Output for same model which presents 'matched stress nomenclature' I showed before.
Again, the screen uses ENG, and the Legend presents as a decimal.
Another model, showing equivalent strain shows in a dp format.
Maybe not a great example as Strain is dimensionless, but a comparson between results can lead to confusion as dp needs to be converted to a strain -0X.
Also, sometimes I may like to present in microstrain (-06) but I cannot find a way to convert the results output.
Same Model as showed stress in MPa (consistently) : Max 152.657MPa
The Strain was inconsistent.
Still in the same results dialog box (still using VonMises failure); I change the 'display output' unit to kPa and I get this difference.
The screen now presents as ENG format (+05), and the Legend box gives in Pa.
I am also facing the same concern. Sometimes if we open saved result it shows without exponentially and sometimes real number. I think there might be some setting related to legend. May be someone from simulation can answer this.
Yes I do (just converted a Model into imperial).
I also encounter the issue when reviewing results and using the 'Display Maximum Stress' result.
Often the 'scale' is in MPa, wheras the 'Max value' on the model is given in ENG e.g. +02 Units.
Seems to be sporadic, not for every model, but would be nice if I could find a way to harmonise the units for the purpose of reporting on a consistency basis .
Yes, I also believe it is controlled by the legend minimum. These images demonstrate how to switch from floating point to scientific format (MPa and Ksi examples)