cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo mecanism angular motor are greyed out

ArnaudGOELZER
12-Amethyst

Creo mecanism angular motor are greyed out

Hello,

I try to to analyse gears using the mecanism application in creo 7.0.5.0.

When i creating angular motor, this one is greyed out in the mecanism tree:

ArnaudGOELZER_0-1679584610963.png

As the consequence, motor can't be used in the analysis :

ArnaudGOELZER_1-1679584699300.png

(However when i create linear motor, this one can be retrieve in the analysis definition)

Does the problem come from a license that we don't have for angular motors ?

Regards,

Arnaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't think it is a license issue.  It is hard to tell what is going on.  Can you show screenshots of your linear and angular motor definitions with their profile setup? If it is a complex model maybe try a simple model with one pin joint and no gears to confirm that you can make an angular servo motor work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I don't think it is a license issue.  It is hard to tell what is going on.  Can you show screenshots of your linear and angular motor definitions with their profile setup? If it is a complex model maybe try a simple model with one pin joint and no gears to confirm that you can make an angular servo motor work.

Hello,
thank you for your answer which allowed me to go further in the investigation and the trick to simplify the mechanism.

After redoing motor settings a few times, in different ways, I found where the problem came from. In fact I didn't use the "connection" between my frame and my part to be rotated.
As can be seen from the screenshots the wrong way (axis+surface+plan) :

ArnaudGOELZER_0-1679922875890.png

and the correct one by selecting the "connection_11" :

ArnaudGOELZER_1-1679922969603.png

this as an effect of being able to select the motor in the analysis

ArnaudGOELZER_2-1679924483223.jpeg

Thank you so much.
Arnaud

Good to hear. I also have another little tip regarding "connection_11"  The connection can be named when it is created and makes the mechanism much clearer.

SweetPeasHub_0-1679927096810.png

SweetPeasHub_1-1679927143016.png

SweetPeasHub_2-1679927203421.png

Top Tags