cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Deformed Model with "original" Model Colors

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Deformed Model with "original" Model Colors

Hello Community,

for a Presentation where I want to explain a couple of basic physical principles I need a picture of a deformed model, which I can get fairly easy but only with the blue color or the color from the corresponding meassurment unit. What I am looking for is a way to show my deformed Model but with the colors I originaly used in the model (e.g. Metal Color and so on). Is there a way to achieve this? Maybe via exporting my deformed Model in some way? I tried some "workarounds" but non worked so far... 

Best regards, Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MartinHanak)

I have actually talked to product managers about this exact request before. It isn't supported and there is no roadmap for it. FYI Simulate is going to be retired as a product in the coming years in favor of the Ansys plug-in products.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:SNC)

@SNC wrote:

Hello Community,

for a Presentation where I want to explain a couple of basic physical principles I need a picture of a deformed model, which I can get fairly easy but only with the blue color or the color from the corresponding meassurment unit. What I am looking for is a way to show my deformed Model but with the colors I originaly used in the model (e.g. Metal Color and so on). Is there a way to achieve this? Maybe via exporting my deformed Model in some way? I tried some "workarounds" but non worked so far... 

Best regards, Lukas

Hi,

I am sorry I do not understand your description/question. Please add pictures, detailed description, Creo files.

Martin Hanák
SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. I try to be a little more specific. I've made a little example to help me out with a few pictures. I have this model: 

1.jpg

With this model I've mad some calculations and want to display them in die Solutions window. I want to see what the deformations would look like so im checking the deformed box. What I'm now able to display is this:

2.jpg

or this:

3.jpg
what I'm not able to show is a deformed model in which all the different parts still have their original color from the first screenshot. I hope this explains my problem a little bit better. 

Lukas

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:SNC)

@SNC wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. I try to be a little more specific. I've made a little example to help me out with a few pictures. I have this model: 

1.jpg

With this model I've mad some calculations and want to display them in die Solutions window. I want to see what the deformations would look like so im checking the deformed box. What I'm now able to display is this:

2.jpg

or this:

3.jpg
what I'm not able to show is a deformed model in which all the different parts still have their original color from the first screenshot. I hope this explains my problem a little bit better. 

Lukas

Hi,

I think Creo Simulate developers did not anticipate such a request...

Martin Hanák
Chris3
20-Turquoise

I have actually talked to product managers about this exact request before. It isn't supported and there is no roadmap for it. FYI Simulate is going to be retired as a product in the coming years in favor of the Ansys plug-in products.

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:Chris3)

Tbh it would be really helpfull to have this kind of functionality. It's just a good visualization to help an audience which isn't used to FEM Calculations to understand what is happening with the model and how it's deforming without having to worry about colors. 
Well I guess we have to see whats coming for us in the next years...

gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:Chris3)

Are you meaning the more recent Simulation live or the "oldest" plug-in function that permit the link between CAD and FEM?

Top Tags