cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Does Creo Simulate distributed computing support Microsoft 2012 HPC cluseter?

akapoor
1-Newbie

Has anyone tried it?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:akapoor)

Creo usually needs a workstation as server, where it can run on interactively as well, to be able to do distributed batch - it should be the same for Simulate as with all other areas in Creo, where batch processing is available.

See for example CS139340 : Training material about Pro/BATCH ,Distributed Pro/Batch and Distributed Computing with Creo Parametric 3

Gunter

akapoor
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

I am not really sure about your response, could you please explain more.

We are going to use creo 2.0 M110. and Microsoft HPC 2012 cluster.

As per my discussion with some PTC folks they said that distributed batch in Creo doesn't support Microsoft HPC.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:akapoor)

The first question is, whether Creo Parametric supports Microsoft HPC - and I suppose the answer is no (you may check the platform support pages to be sure, e.g. here)

From what I know:

Distributed Batch usually runs on a server similar to an interactive session, only that it is started in background - it's not a typical server application.

Therefore the specs for distributed batch should be the same as for interactive sessions.

Top Tags