cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Error in thermomechanic Simulation when using interfaces

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Error in thermomechanic Simulation when using interfaces

Hello,

I've run into a Problem that I can't seem to figure out myself. I'm going to describe what it is I want to do first and afterwards I'm going to explain the error. 

I want to run a mechanical Simulation based on a thermal Simulation. In order to do that I have a MEC/T Load in my Modell. This routine worked well for me for many Modells. However I came across a problem where I only need to connect certain surfaces of the model. I used the "Surface Region" tool to separate some of the surfaces. After having done that I defined a "Free" Interface for the Areas which I do not want to have connected. I've also created a thermal interface for the same areas with a thermal resistance because otherwise it would result in the "Some interfaces have incompatible types for structure and thermal analyses" Error, which is already explained in the support Article - CS95882. However having defined the free interface and the thermal resistance interface the simulation results in another error: 

A crack exists in the model, probably caused by adjacent placement of free or contact
interfaces and bonded interfaces in a configuration that results in multiple coincident
curves connecting the same pair of nodes. Please modify the interfaces to avoid this.

I don't understand how I can fix this error. Has anyone of you ever gotten the same error message and knows how to fix this? If you need additional informations please let me know.

Lukas

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags