cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Export of measures in Creo Analysis

N.Barnes
12-Amethyst

Export of measures in Creo Analysis

Using Creo 4 M130.

I ran an optimization study in Creo Simulate.  I have several measures that I would like to export to use externally.  Currently, the only method I can find to get the data is to make a graph then "Save a backup" of the graph to Excel.

Is there a more efficient way to do this?   I would also be satisfied if any one can tell me if there is a trick to get more than one set of data on one graph.  The UI looks like it should be possible, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks, Nick

(We should be going to Creo 7 this year, so even a example in a newer version would be helpful)

3 REPLIES 3
SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:N.Barnes)

If you have a lot of measures you can always write yourself a script that opens up the report file and copies your specified data into whichever File you like. But I guess this makes only sense for a big amount of data. I don't know about any better way.

N.Barnes
12-Amethyst
(To:SNC)

That could work.  Can you please point me in the direction of where to find that report file?  Perhaps a likely directory or file extension.   I poked around in the output files for raw data before and I was unsuccessful. Thanks.

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:N.Barnes)

In your working directory you will find a folder for each different analysis you specified. In this folder are many files. One of them is a file with the ".rpt" extension. Open with Note Pad and you will find your measurement values somewhere near the bottom. 

Top Tags