cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

FATIGUE ADVISOR

346gnu
12-Amethyst

FATIGUE ADVISOR

OK, limitations

1. Why do I have to carry out a fatigue analysis on a whole assy?

- There is a file containing stress results by part/volume region

- One could carry out a fatigue calulation with the stress results from a single node by hand but it is lazier to use software (and less human error probably)

- I suppose I could fiddle with the results files and make my own up. The software would be unable to tell the difference bewteen one I create and a 'real' one.

2. Why can't I select a contact analysis?

- There is a file containing stress results by loadstep.

- Ok, ignore contact stresses but why not be able to go the the final loadstep automatically

- Yes I know it's non-linear, But sometimes we need to be pragmatic engineers. Again, I suppose I could fiddle with the results files and make my own up.

3. What 'location', 'label(s)' would you use for this? What message tags would you create?

5 REPLIES 5
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:346gnu)

I think I said this before. Post something for simulate and tags could be ...

Simulation

Mechanica

creo_simulate

creo simulate

contact

mesh

I suspect there's a scatter gun of related subject matter under

proengineer

modeling (1 'l')

parametric

assembly

pro/engineer

and these are just the top tags.

example / Creo 2

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:346gnu)

This 'tag' comment was a dig at the bewildering array of available tags and the difficulty I personally have with a search for everything related to your personal needs at the time.

7 pages of tags, about 150 on each page.

Should be reduced to a handful

The basis for fatigue is the UML strain Woehler line of the material (for example S355J2C+N), internally generated by the software nCode.

Theoretical basis: Baumel, A., and Seeger, T. "Materials Data for Cyclic Loading, Supplement 1." Materials Science Monographs, 61. ed: Elsevier.

Only free surfaces will be calculated; as of Creo 3, the fatigue calculation is unfortunately no longer correct ...

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:skunks)

I found monumental post processing problems in Creo 7 last year

FOS fringes wrong.

Log life fringes wrong.

Confidence of life fringes wrong.

Presentation of fringes would change depending on whether the window was new, edited or loaded via .rwd, or multiple windows opened, results re-opened.

Could be a PP thing where the results files are read incorrectly

Could be a results file is incorrectly written in the first place

Could be the actual calculation is wrong

or any permutation of the above

I reported it. Supposidly fixed in 8.

Saw similar problem yesterday

Top Tags