cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Family Table Simulation

BP_10313542
3-Visitor

Family Table Simulation

In Creo 6.0, I am trying to create a simulation file that uses the family table to bring in the desired instance. The simulation setups (constraints, forces) fail when switching instances. I believe this is because when selecting surface regions, simulate cannot reference the feature as the part files usually do in the family table. Simulate loses the surface region reference because it is trying to access the specific feature from the specific instance where the simulation setup is created. Is there a way around this, or is this possible in newer versions of creo?

2 REPLIES 2

If you have a "Behavioral Modeling Extension" (BMX) license, this is one way to conduct studies where you need to vary one or more design parameters to study their effects on performance measures. I am guessing your instances are simply variations of one or more feature dimensions? If your instances change geometry (suppress or resume features), Simulate will not know what surface to place your BCs on if they were set-up on geometry that is suppressed in other instances. Creo Simulate will also let you conduct sensitivity and optimization studies from within its UI, and like BMX, only for variations to feature dimensions or material properties. If you do have a BMX license (or wish to run the study within Simulate), conduct your studies on the generic. I hope this helps!

Y_Yoely
13-Aquamarine
(To:BP_10313542)

Hello @BP_10313542 

I checked your issue, and it does not exist in Creo 10, the surface regions are stable when switching between instances. I did not test earlier versions than Creo 10.

Creo 9 introduced the ability to divide and split surfaces as a core feature. This option also enables you to incorporate the divided surface into a family table.

Y_Yoely_0-1719736979970.png

My recommendation to you is to upgrade to the newer Creo version.

Thanks,

Yosef

Top Tags