cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

File open - search thrue all subdirectories

mbonka
15-Moonstone

File open - search thrue all subdirectories

Hello all,

is it possible to set search function to search thrue all subdirectoriers? (Creo 2.0 M200)

Don´t need permanent settings --> something like "now search thrue all" ,when l realy need it...

We don´t use Windchill and any other PDM

search_all_subdirectories.jpg

Thanks for any help

Milan Bonka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just info ...

I use FileLocator Lite - Free File Searching Utility to search files on my PC. It is much more user friendly than Windows Search.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:mbonka)

You need to setup a search path:

Creo Parametric Help Center About Searching For and Retrieving Models

Creo Parametric Help Center To Edit a search.pro File

Creo Parametric Help Center Example: Adding Search Paths

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:Chris3)

Hello CHRISTOPHER REES

thanks for tips, but that´s not what l´m looking for.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

I just re-read your question. I do not believe that there is a way to accomplish what you are trying to do through Creo. You would have to use search paths along with using Windows Explorer to search for the file name and then you could paste it into the filename field at the bottom of the dialog box to open it.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

My opinion is the same like your --- It coudn´t be accomplished through Creo...

But silly who don´t ask

Thanks for your ideas...

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

What is it that you are trying to do?

Are you trying to create a mapkey or something along those lines or are you just trying to locate a file?

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:SYNDAKIT)

Just trying to locate a file.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

I would just use windows explorer for that.

Would that work for your situation?

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Yes windows explorer is good solution.

But during last 2 weeks l have some problems with windows settings and windows explorer is shutting down and restarting everytime l want to search something. Actually under repair from our IT guys (they are not the fastest colleagues). It´s the reason why l´m looking for "alternative way"...

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

This is a dumb question, but do you know the exact file name of what you are looking for?

I realize that this might be the reason you are searching, but it could be that you know the file name and just want to know what folder it is in so that you can open it.

So, do you know the file name?

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Mostly l know only part of name. For example: "handle-xyz" or "handgrip-XYZ" ...

I realize that this might be the reason you are searching, but it could be that you know the file name and just want to know what folder it is in so that you can open it.

Exactly. l know "my part" is somewhere in some subdirectory, but don´t know exact location and mostly know only part of file name...

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

this is a bit round about but if you type the file name with the extention, in the "file name:" text input box, creo will open it directly.

For example my_drawing.drw

Then after the file is open you have a few ways of seeing where it is located. My favorite is to just have the configuration option display_full_object_path set to yes.

Just info ...

I use FileLocator Lite - Free File Searching Utility to search files on my PC. It is much more user friendly than Windows Search.

MH

Martin Hanák
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin Hanak

simply, elegant and functional solution.

Top Tags