cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Flow Analysis Post Processing

MB_10584523
3-Visitor

Flow Analysis Post Processing

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out a way to calculate the average/total flow velocity in a given section of the model. However, there are no such option in Flow Analysis. What I mean can be understood with the example below.

query.PNG

 Is there a way to find out the average/ total velocity (m/s) of a local section (highlighted in red). Or is there a way to find out the average/total velocity (m/s) through the entire model.

I can't seem to find any such option. The real time probe option gives values of the variable at just single points.

Can someone please help me through this ?

2 REPLIES 2

I've done a similar thing but with mass flow rate, not average velocity. I had to break my fluid domain up into to smaller pieces so that there was an interface between the fluid domains in the area of interest. You can then look at results on that interface.

I'm not sure offhand if you can view the mean velocity directly in CFA. You could measure the volumetric flow rate on the interface using an XYPlot and than divide by the area of the interface. That would give you the mean velocity.

Thanks for the suggesting this.

Announcements

Top Tags