cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Flow analys postprocessing temperatures mismatch

AAI
4-Participant
4-Participant

Flow analys postprocessing temperatures mismatch

I have a mismatch in temperatures during the postprocessing of a flow analysis problem coupled with conjugate heat transfer. My problem has a cylindrical shape, with almost axial symmetry. To visualize the temperatures, I have made two cuts along X and Y planes. I also want to know the temperature in the inner part of the vessel, which is a cylinder. I expected to see exactly the same temperatures on the intersection region of the cylinder with the two planes, but this is not the case. This issue may be due to the high temperature gradient in the direction normal to the cylinder, but I am not sure.  

The pictures below illustrate the problem. 

Help please.

Axial view of planes X Y and the cylinderAxial view of planes X Y and the cylinderArea affected by temperatures mismatchArea affected by temperatures mismatchDetail of temperatures mismatchDetail of temperatures mismatch

8 REPLIES 8
cfdgeek
12-Amethyst
(To:AAI)

Hello AAI,

Can you double check the range of temperature for those surfaces are the same? Thanks.

AAI
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:cfdgeek)

I confirm that the range of temperatures is the same for the three surfaces. I am showing temperatures in the range 300-310 K. However, my problem has temperatures as high as 1200 K with a high gradient near the surface of the cylinder. 

Thanks

cfdgeek
12-Amethyst

temperature depends on the heat source. Could you share the model? thanks. 

AAI
4-Participant
4-Participant

I am not sure what you mean by sharing the model. The whole model? The heat source model? 

Thanks

cfdgeek
12-Amethyst

yes, the whole model I can take a look of it. thanks. 

AAI
4-Participant
4-Participant

For confidentiality reasons, I cannot share my model with the community. However, I can share privately a simplified version that exhibits the mismatch of temperatures.
How can I share it privately?
Thanks
cfdgeek
12-Amethyst

Hi,

If the interface between fluid/solid and solid/solid are created correctly, there should be no temperature jumps.

You can send the model to ptc support and ask them forward to Simerics team. We have NDA with them. Or if you like you can send it to me privately with a simplified model. I can take a look. you can chose a file when post message. I think. Thanks.

AAI
4-Participant
4-Participant

Hi,

I have sent you a private message with my simplified model. Please check your inbox. Thanks

Top Tags