cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Flow analysis running past iteration limit?

GV_10691043
4-Participant

Flow analysis running past iteration limit?

Does anyone know why a simulation would run past the iteration limit? I had a run going yesterday set to the default 500 limit, and I didn't realize it ran right past it. I manually stopped it at the 516th iteration. I double checked and the limit was set correctly, so what could have caused that? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

I have stopped a run and then restarted. After the restart, the analysis ran for the full number of iterations again. So I had total iterations of 500 plus however many iterations had been done when I stopped the run and restarted it.

GV_10691043
4-Participant
(To:tmoser)

I don't think that happened yesterday, but I don't remember for sure. I did start a continuation run at the third iteration today, so I'll see what happens when that finishes in few hours. It's the exact same model with some parameters changed, so I guess if it goes past 503 there's definitely something else going on. Otherwise, I have no idea.

Hi

Assume you meant creo flow. You can change it under common module of the physics. It is in the simulation tree. Every time you click continue run, it counts from 0 again. It is a limit for each run not global iteration numbers. thx.

cfdgeek_0-1694470979464.png

Announcements

Top Tags