cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTOLS affecting features

rmast
12-Amethyst

GTOLS affecting features

I have a feature in a sheetmetal part that I need to delete. Pro/e tells me there I cannot because the feature is referenced by a geometric tolerance. I've opened the drawing and deleted the gtol that was attached to it. Still no luck deleting feature. I have cleared and deleted every datum plane in the part. Still no luck. I have shown and deleted every gtol in the drawing that I can find. Still no luck. Does anyone know of a way to globally clear and delete all gtols? Is there a config option that would allow a user to override the Pro/e warning and delete the feature anyway? WF2
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
rmast
12-Amethyst
(To:rmast)

Summary:

Thanks to all that replied. Apparently no such config options or functionality exists. The only replies I received were to help locate the suspect gtol. Ultimately, I was able to work around the issue by redefining the feature in a way that causes it to fail. Then in resolve mode I selected the delete option and that took care of it. But I still would like to know what is so sacred about gtols anyway?

Other suggestions that would have worked:

1. Open the model and turn on annotations in the model tree. Gtols appear near the top of the tree.

2. Open the drawing and start typing a note that reads &g1, &g2, &g3,etc. if there are any floating around anywhere this will find it.

In Reply to:

I have a feature in a sheetmetal part that I need to delete. Pro/e tells me there I cannot because the feature is referenced by a geometric tolerance. I've opened the drawing and deleted the gtol that was attached to it. Still no luck deleting feature. I have cleared and deleted every datum plane in the part. Still no luck. I have shown and deleted every gtol in the drawing that I can find. Still no luck. Does anyone know of a way to globally clear and delete all gtols? Is there a config option that would allow a user to override the Pro/e warning and delete the feature anyway? WF2
Announcements
Attention: Creo 7.0 Customers
Please consider upgrading
End of Life announcement here.

NEW Creo+ Topics:
PTC Control Center
Creo+ Portal
Real-time Collaboration