cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Graphic Card not support by Creo Simulation Live

jgoncalves
11-Garnet

Graphic Card not support by Creo Simulation Live

During the installation of Creo 5.0.3.0 

• creo.png

May laptop card is a GeForce GTX 860M (nvidia specifications)

PTC requires:

• req.png

Why does my card is not supported?
It is based on Maxwell architecture, has 4GB Ram and the latest drivers.

PS: During execution on a simulation, Ia also get this error:

• error.png

PS2: I was wrong about the 4GB. It is 2GB Ram Video Card. It this that is blocking the execution of a simulation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ToddKraft
15-Moonstone
(To:jgoncalves)

jgoncalves,

We have some cases where a 2GB card does work within Creo Simulation Live.  I recommend upgrading to the latest Nvidia graphics driver for your machine and try running CSL again.   You have a Cuda enabled card, so hopefully it is just an out of date driver and then things will work for you.

Thanks,
Todd Kraft

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ToddKraft
15-Moonstone

jgoncalves,

We have some cases where a 2GB card does work within Creo Simulation Live.  I recommend upgrading to the latest Nvidia graphics driver for your machine and try running CSL again.   You have a Cuda enabled card, so hopefully it is just an out of date driver and then things will work for you.

Thanks,
Todd Kraft

Thank you ToddKraft.

I was relying on the Nvidia GeForce Experience to update my graphic card.

I ran Device Manager (Windows 10) and got a newer driver.

It is working now.

@ToddKraft 

I have the graphics card of Nvidia Quadro P4000, with 8GB RAM. still, I have the same issues. Can you please confirm my graphics card will be supporting CSL or not. 

Thanks

Rahul

@ToddKraft 

Hi Todd,

I have a graphics card of Nvidia Quadro P4000, with RAM of 8GB. Will it be sufficient for CSL?

Regards,

Rahul

Rahul,

Yes, the P4000 card is definitely sufficient for CSL.  I have the same card in my laptop and it performs very well.

Regards,
Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the update. I had to upgrade my drivers, and BIOS also. now at least I am not getting graphics error. but still it has not been active, it stays grayed out for all the options. Do we need some special license for that? if yes how to get that. Is there any training available for this on web?

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Please send me an email at tkraft@ptc.com and we can get you the information you need.

Regards,
Todd Kraft

Hi,

please read attached document.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the document. It really helps.

Rahul

gquinlan
5-Regular Member

Yes, 2GB would prevent the solution working correctly.

Top Tags