cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to apply load on small region instead of whole surface in Creo Simulate Live

gulag90
2-Guest

How to apply load on small region instead of whole surface in Creo Simulate Live

I want to apply load on particular region only instead of whole surface. I tried lot but able to identify option in Simulate live. Can any one help me on that ?

Note :: In Normal creo simulate, we use surface region
5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:gulag90)

The only method I have come up with is to extrude a thin pad in the area wanted.  Should work fine as long as this area is not a critical stress area.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
sesser
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

Extruding a small surface region for defining the area where the load is applied... that is the same I did.

But I can almost not wait for the possibility to apply the load on a small area respectively certain region.

I tried with extrude option with less thickness, but simulation live shows more stress on extruded surface due to less thickness.

I tried with extrude option with less thickness, but simulation live shows more stress on extruded surface due to less thickness.
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:gulag90)

Adding a very small amount of material is the best option.  It will affect how that area is analyzed and you will need to take that into account when interpreting the results.  Hopefully this area is not where the critical stresses would be expected.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags