cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to calculate effort using Dynamic Option in Mechanism?

glade
1-Newbie

How to calculate effort using Dynamic Option in Mechanism?

Hi,

I have case where I need to calculate effort required to rotate platform about vertical pivot. Platform has its own weight around 200Kg and weight itself resistance to move. I am new to the Creo mechanism and knew little things about this application. Anyone can help me to understand approach that I should  use to get required result (similar to hand calculation) and want to know main steps describing dynamic entities that need to add.

(See attached image)

Thanks,

Gajanan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:glade)

Hello Lade,

I did not understand what the function of the horizontal pivot

Kind regards.

Denis

Denis,

I said its vertical axis pivot. about which platform rotate when someone apply force to other end. Force direction is parallel to the ground. We can take simple example of heavy door (about a ton of weight), which need to rotate about two hinge (vertical axis pivot), and we have to calculate force required at other end to rotate it.

Thanks,

Gajanan

Top Tags