cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to define a Contact analysis with Hyperelastic materials

osenbore
5-Regular Member

How to define a Contact analysis with Hyperelastic materials

I am simulating a scenario where 2 parts are touuching and one is made of a hyperelastic material, hence i can only run it contact.

- When I run it with 2 Output time steps (0-1), the solution converges (Single Pass) and I get some results.

- When i take the same run, and increase the output to 5 time steps, the solution always terminates because it fails to converge at a load factor less than 1.

Can someone pleasae help? How can the solution converge in the first case, but not in the second? Any guidance is appreciated. (If it helps, I also added a lot of mesh refinement points in he contact region and raan the 2nd analysis again and it still failed.)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:osenbore)

Could you try to run it with 2 time steps, the load factor being the one that didn't converge ?

It will allow you to check if it is due to the multiple time steps or not.

Top Tags