cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to get rid of "Spikes" - inaccurate VM stress calculations in Simulate?

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine

How to get rid of "Spikes" - inaccurate VM stress calculations in Simulate?

JS_9824412_1-1646688107228.png

See above screenshot, the spikes of stress calculations among shell elements. Does anyone see this before?! The stresses should be less than 20ksi, however, these spikes are around 2.0e+7 ksi. I am using Simulate 6.

31 REPLIES 31

I understand… but it does not means that I agree how they “decide” that the result is “good” because it looks “nice”…

By the way, I have not tried yet, but if the goal is to have results at one click and “nice pictures” you should present them “Creo Simulation Live” (a bit of irony here).

_ Here another nice case of “marketing”. In the presentations everything is very quick – but no one talks much about accuracy and model preparation. Of course you can setup the “Live” simulation to be more “accurate”, but then the meaning of “live results” would be compromised a bit… Anyway, I have to admit that the pictures are very nice 😊

Software bug. I have seen this before on a rare occasion. Sometimes just closing and re-opening results fixes it.

Top Tags