cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to use assembly-level analysis results for more detailed part-level analysis

cwenner-2
6-Contributor

How to use assembly-level analysis results for more detailed part-level analysis

I am using Creo Simulate - Release 3.0 (connected) 3.0 M070

Looking for guidance on how to use stress and/or deformation results from an assembly of parts... and then use those as an input to a more detailed analysis of each component piece part.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for confirmation. Please close the tread then.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You may add measures to get more details. 

cwenner-2
6-Contributor
(To:hhiller)

Thanks for your reply-

I am familiar with measures but don't believe the ones I really need are there?

I could measure displacements on each part and use a forced displacement constraint at appropriate locations on the piece part BUT that won't let me optimize that part because any geometric changes would negate the validity of those displacement constraints.

I could measure stress, but stress is not an input for a new analysis and is related to displacement.

I think I need to measure "forces at the boundaries of the part of interest???" but one can only sometimes get valid forces at the constraint locations of the original assembly I think.

I've never done this before: If you have more insight into how I can do this, I'd appreciate it.   Thanks.

Found: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS46635

How to measure resultant force for a specific component in Creo Simulate

Create a measure as following steps:
1. Measure under Home tab > New
2. Select Force, Resultant as Quantity
3. Select Components as Spatial Evaluation
4. Select the first component and second component.

cwenner-2
6-Contributor
(To:hhiller)

That certainly looks like the correct answer, thank you. I don't know how I failed to find it when looking around. I seem to recall that the only force resultants I could get from Creo measures where at points that were constraints for the assembly. I'll take a peek as soon as I can. Thanks very much.

Thanks for confirmation. Please close the tread then.

Top Tags