cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Hyperelastic Material definition

tmoser
11-Garnet

Hyperelastic Material definition

I'm using Creo Simulate, version 4.0

I'm trying to run a structural simulation on a model that has rubber isolation mounts in it. Normally, I would represent the rubber components with linear springs but I don't have any information on the mounts in this case. I know these are non-linear but there is usually a region of the load deflection curve that is nearly linear so approximating with springs has worked okay for me

Without a load/deflection curve I'm considering modeling the rubber part and defining a Hyperelastic material. However, I have no idea what to use for the constants. Neo-Hookean needs C10 and D1 and Mooney-Rivlin needs C10, C01 and D1. These parts are made fo 45 durometer natural or Butyl rubber. Does anyone know a source for this kind of information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

info att.

tmoser
11-Garnet
(To:skunks)

Thank you. Looks like it will take me awhile to read through that.

tmoser
11-Garnet
(To:tmoser)

SweetPeasHub and skunks,

Your posts were both helpful, though I still need to fully read them. I  used the data from SweetPeasHub to define my material and I got some pretty reasonable looking results. I would love to have actual test data but I don't see that happening.

Top Tags