cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Impact analysis in Creo vs. explicit analysis

mlindqvist
1-Newbie

Impact analysis in Creo vs. explicit analysis

Does anyone have any experience from doing impact analysis in Creo (i.e. modal/dynamic) vs. explicit analysis (i.e. LS Dyna etc) ?

Is there any point in trying to get some useful results, or should I just forget about it?

In this case it is a type of valve that closes "with a bang" as air pressure on one side of the valve disappears... Since there is contact involved, I guess it's no point trying in Creo.

/Mats L/

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Mats,

I am attaching a link on the hammer if it can help.

Yes, shame simulate does not do.

Kind regards.

Denis.

http://www.maplesoft.com/applications/view.aspx?SID=129503

Merci Denis,

In this case it is the mass of the valve plug itself that causes the impact, not the media, which is air.

/M

It really depends on whether the highly transient nature of the event results in any significant non-linear effects (for example, materials that are highly strain-rate dependent). Even then, I don't know how much weight I'd place behind the results; if your going at this from a trend point of view, then maybe.

Top Tags