cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Importing a terminator table into Creo Schematics

TL_10347508
6-Contributor

Importing a terminator table into Creo Schematics

I am using the Creo Harness Manufacturing Extension to create a wire harness manufacturing drawing. I am trying to populate the cavity tables for each connector with terminal and seal names. I am under the assumption that HMX pulls terminal names from a terminator table. I tried to import a terminator table into Creo Schematics from a csv file that I created but I am getting an error that reads "Failed reading file terminatortable.csv, line 1 is invalid." I created the csv file by exporting a sample terminator table text file from PTC into a csv file. Shown below is a screenshot of the csv file I tried to import. Help would be much appreciated!

terminatortable.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured out most of the issues I have been having. The only way I have been able to import a terminator table into Creo Cabling is to create it within the Terminator Table drop down under Logical Data. Then I clicked File<Export Table to export the terminator table as a tbb. file. For later assemblies I can then go back and import that tbb. file (File<Import Table).

TL_10347508_0-1687959759353.png

Next, to import the data from the terminator table into the Creo Cabling Electrical Parameters open the Electrical parameters dialogue box and select View< Columns. The Model Tree Columns box opens and you can now switch the pin parameters "TERM_NAME" and "TERM_AUTO_ASSIGN" to the displayed box on the right side shown in the figure below.

TL_10347508_2-1687960374197.png

Now TERM_NAME and TERM_AUTO_ASSIGN will show up in Electrical Parameters under the Pin section. Next change the TERM_AUTO_ASSIGN parameter to "TRUE". This will allow terminal names from the terminator table to automatically import in the the electrical parameters dialogue box.

TL_10347508_3-1687960707410.png

The final step is to show terminal names in the cavity tables within the Creo Harness Manufacturing Extension. Under Table Properties select Cavity Table and then Pin/Entry Port. Set the Column Parameter to TERM_NAME and add a Column Header Name. Then click Create Column.

TL_10347508_4-1687961270899.png

Once the harness is flattened, terminal names should show up in the cavity tables for each component in the manufacturing drawing. The figure below shows the cavity table of a connector. Terminal names are shown in the positions where a wire is connected.

TL_10347508_5-1687961542056.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Some old discussion - "Import csv format file error in schematics?": https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Import-csv-format-file-error-in-schematics/td-p/9077

TL_10347508
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

I tried the file format shown in the above discussion and I am still unable to import a terminator table into Creo Schematics. Creo schematics is not even giving me the option to define terminal parameters manually. In the global parameters dialogue box the parameters term_name, term_auto_assign and term_pin_id do not exist in the parameter pool. I tried adding these parameters into the parameter pool and then adding them to connectors in my design but after importing the XML file into Creo Cabling, I get an error saying that the file cannot be imported because it is missing logical information. The only way I can avoid this XML import error is remove the three parameters mentioned above from the ports of the connectors. How do I get the parameters term_name, term_auto_assign and term_pin_id to show up in Creo Schematics and add them to ports of the connectors in my design without causing an XML import error in Creo Cabling? My goal is import the data from these parameters into Creo cabling and use it to generate a wire harness manufacturing drawing using HMX with terminal names automatically populating into cavity tables for each connector. Thanks!

I figured out most of the issues I have been having. The only way I have been able to import a terminator table into Creo Cabling is to create it within the Terminator Table drop down under Logical Data. Then I clicked File<Export Table to export the terminator table as a tbb. file. For later assemblies I can then go back and import that tbb. file (File<Import Table).

TL_10347508_0-1687959759353.png

Next, to import the data from the terminator table into the Creo Cabling Electrical Parameters open the Electrical parameters dialogue box and select View< Columns. The Model Tree Columns box opens and you can now switch the pin parameters "TERM_NAME" and "TERM_AUTO_ASSIGN" to the displayed box on the right side shown in the figure below.

TL_10347508_2-1687960374197.png

Now TERM_NAME and TERM_AUTO_ASSIGN will show up in Electrical Parameters under the Pin section. Next change the TERM_AUTO_ASSIGN parameter to "TRUE". This will allow terminal names from the terminator table to automatically import in the the electrical parameters dialogue box.

TL_10347508_3-1687960707410.png

The final step is to show terminal names in the cavity tables within the Creo Harness Manufacturing Extension. Under Table Properties select Cavity Table and then Pin/Entry Port. Set the Column Parameter to TERM_NAME and add a Column Header Name. Then click Create Column.

TL_10347508_4-1687961270899.png

Once the harness is flattened, terminal names should show up in the cavity tables for each component in the manufacturing drawing. The figure below shows the cavity table of a connector. Terminal names are shown in the positions where a wire is connected.

TL_10347508_5-1687961542056.png

Top Tags