cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

In Creo Simulate, how to pull Snapshots into FEM?

TC_10246830
4-Participant

In Creo Simulate, how to pull Snapshots into FEM?

I have a robot leg CAD and I need to run FEA on several key poses. Now I have these key poses stored in 'drag component' as different Snapshots (see picture below). And I have Simp Rep that hides all the non-structural components. However when I open Simulate, the model always seem to go to the default pose ('neutral_pose'). Any idea how to simulate diffrent poses?

TC_10246830_0-1694457210127.png

3 REPLIES 3

I believe you need to add/set the desired snapshot as the default position in a specific SimRep itself. Then, when you enter Simulate with the SimRep active you wish to use, it should be oriented/arranged according to the snapshot. You will need to make a SimRep for each different snapshot you wish to analyze, each set to have its default position associated with the different snapshots.

I hope this helps!

That would be nice to have and much clearer for the next time someone opens the model. Please put this in as a feature suggestion. I will upvote that!

-regards.

There is no ability to set "default" snapshot, so why is it always looking like neutral position?

Do not enable regeneration value on your pin joints. The model regenerates when you enter simulation and will go to the value set here.

SweetPeasHub_0-1694461324245.png

You could also set this config option to No. But I don't recommend that.

SweetPeasHub_1-1694461444890.png

Thanks for your question!

Announcements

Top Tags