cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Max. Von Mises stress Fringe vs. Measure

agómezgalán
2-Guest

Max. Von Mises stress Fringe vs. Measure

Hello!

I am calculating a truss simulation of a 3d Structure with L-Profiles.

I have set the idealizations for beams, constraint sets, loads, etc.

After the Statich analysis, I can review the Max VM Stress in Fringe model and it is 47 MPa

Then I have put some measures (Of Max VM Stress) in some critical points (or beams) and the Max Stress ist 54,1 Mpa

I have checked the Max VM Stress in the Study Status (where all the predefined Measures are shown) and the Max VM Stress is 52,9 MPa( I think it is near of my Measure, but I don't know really where)

Why is the Fringe model not showing the real Max VM Stress?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Steven,

Thank you very much for your answer.

At least we could say that the right VM_stress(Max) are from measures and Summary window, right?

I don't want to underestimate the max stress of the model. Then I will set more measures in the critical points and I will work with this values.

About uploading the model, I will check that with my boss. In case I am allowed to upload the model, I will do it

Thank you very much

Alfonso

Hello!

You are right, the values on the summary do not contradict each other.

I noticed this error when I checked the value of the measure and I saw that it was greater than the Max-Value in Fringe plot. Then I checked the max_vm_stress in the summary and it was also greater as in Fringe Plot.

I have made this simulation in different directories and also with a copy of the model and I get always a Max_VM_Stress higher in the summary than in 3D Fringe plot.

That is what bothers me and that is the reason why I am asking here.

I think this is a programming error of Creo-Simulate and I should always get the "Summary" value as maximum

Hello

I would open a ticket to PTC but I do not know how to do it. Should I do it here in PTC-community or how does it work?

Thank you very much

Top Tags