cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mechanism Fails In Upper Assy

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Mechanism Fails In Upper Assy

Creo 2, M230 (but duplicated in Creo M020)

I have a subassy with a single mechanism connection defined.  All other components in this sub assy and the rest of the entire opt level assy and other subs use standard constraints.  In the sub assy this mechanism (a simple pivoting door) works fine.  There are no errors generated.  In the next assy up and the top level assy, however, the door will not move.  I get an error that the mechanism constraints could not be satisfied. 

Creo also reports that the assy is disconnected in both the top level and the parent sub assy but not in the sub assy with the mechanism constraint.

I've verified that the mechanism references in the sub assy are only between two components and I

m at a loss as to why this is failing.  Any ideas of what I should check?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

can you prepare simple testing assembly showing the problem ? If YES, please upload it.

Martin Hanák

I'm not sur if I can, this is a fairly complex, skeleton driven assy so trying to simulate the structure and reproduce the problem isn't simple.  I was hoping someone had seen something similar in the past and had some insight.

--
LinkedIn

Well, I still don't completely understand it but it seems that I've fixed it.  We'll see what else I've broken in the process.

This thread:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Assembly-Regenration-Error/m-p/492351#M113825

Led me to this CS article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS31615

Which led to me setting the config option enable_implied_joints to no.  Now I get no disconnected message and I can drag the door in all levels of the assy with no trouble.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags