cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mechanism, I am encountering an issue when I select the "Velocity" option for the analysis

BE_10540340
3-Visitor

Mechanism, I am encountering an issue when I select the "Velocity" option for the analysis

I'm currently using the Mechanism Feature in Creo to analyze the position of a pin joint that is driven by a slider moving at a constant speed of 2 mm/s over a duration of 6 seconds.

However, I'm encountering an issue when I select the "Velocity" option for the analysis. The result of the analysis shows as "not computed." I'm not sure if I'm missing a step in the process or if I might have selected the wrong pin joint or axis for this measure.

Could someone guide me on why this might be happening? Are there specific settings or steps I need to follow to ensure the velocity of the pin joint is calculated correctly?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the community.

You may be using the wrong type of analysis to measure velocity.  Make sure the analysis type is set to "kinematic".  By default, the analysis type is set to "position".

Use "position" analyses to study geometric things like clearances or locations.

Use "kinematic" analyses to study kinematic things like velocities and accelerations.

Use "dynamic" analyses to study things like forces, energy, and impact or to use force elements such as springs, dampers, and force motors.

Snap159.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello and welcome to the community.

You may be using the wrong type of analysis to measure velocity.  Make sure the analysis type is set to "kinematic".  By default, the analysis type is set to "position".

Use "position" analyses to study geometric things like clearances or locations.

Use "kinematic" analyses to study kinematic things like velocities and accelerations.

Use "dynamic" analyses to study things like forces, energy, and impact or to use force elements such as springs, dampers, and force motors.

Snap159.png

Announcements

Top Tags