cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mechanism

sazzarello
2-Guest

Mechanism

Creo Parametric 7.0.4.0

we recently upgraded to 7.0.4.0, my older version I was able to move mechanisms by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Left Mouse which was very convenient this new version does not allow me to do this, is there a setting somewhere to fix this or is it gone from the new version?

5 REPLIES 5
jchelle
15-Moonstone
(To:sazzarello)

Hello @sazzarello,

Thank you for reporting this behavior with Creo Parametric 7.0.4.0 on your machine.

I ran a quick test on  my machine with a simple mechanism assembly and I am able to use the CTRL+ALT+LEFT mouse button to move the bodies from my mechanism.

Please can you confirm that the Drag Component command is working with your assembly.

PS: I ran the test  without config.pro and without connection to Windchill.

Jean Claude

yes the drag component command works as it should

jchelle
15-Moonstone

@sazzarello,

Thank you for your quick reply and confirmation regarding  the drag command. 

Is this issue  specific to your machine or are you able to reproduce on a different one with Creo 7.0.4.0 as well?

As  I  mentioned in my previous comment, did you check without your config.pro, config.sup and without connection to Windchill?

Jean Claude

I figured it out, seems someone else had the same issue, in the config.pro if you have enable_implied_joints set to no the Ctrl + Alt does not work to drag a component you either need to set it to yes or remove it. thanks for all your help.

jchelle
15-Moonstone

@sazzarello,

Thank you for your follow up and the good news. 

You are right. The config option enable_implied_joints is set to yes* by default. 

This information will help other community members.

Thanks again.

Jean Claude

Top Tags