cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Model Tree Questions in WF3

PhillDavis
1-Newbie

Model Tree Questions in WF3

Whenever I am working in an assembly, the only way I can get to the model tree of an individual part is to open the actual part by itself. If I have the assembly opened, I can see each of the individual parts in the assembly, I can see the sub-assemblies, and I can see any parts in the sub-assemblies. But I can't see the model tree for the individual parts in the assembly. And I can never see any sketches or datums created as part of an assembly in the assembly model tree, because I can never see the assembly model tree. If I want to see the model tree for a particular part, I have to open that part by itself. Once I do that, I can see the entire model tree of that part until I close it and view the entire assembly again. But every now and then when I open a part, I can't see the model tree, I can only see the blue block with the part name beside it. Sometimes when this happens, for no apparent reason, the system will revert back to showing the full model tree, and sometimes it will never revert back to showing the tree unless I shut down and restart Wildfire. Usually when this happens, it only occurs on one part. If I open a different part, I can usually see the entire model tree for that part. So can anyone tell me why this happens? Last night, something new happened. I was working in the same assembly that I have been working with for several weeks and all of a sudden, for no reason known to me, the assembly model tree began to show the entire model tree for every individual part and datum component in the entire assembly and all sub-assemblies. Now this was something that I was not aware was possible because I had never seen it done before. So how did I (apparently)accidentally turn on this function, because I would like to be able to do this all of the time?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

as see your question, just think, you can see all of the details of one sub-assembly part in assmebly model tree only after the part is fully defined.

If you have features defined and you don't see anything check the Tree Settings and the Filters tab (I think that's what it's called, I don't have ProE running right now). It may be that the settings are not selected. Save a tree.cfg file with the settings and load it with your config.pro file.

Hello, The default "out of the box setting" is to show the features of the parts at the assembly level in the Model Tree. However, you or your company must have a saved Model Tree file that is loaded when you launch ProE. To override this go to Settings option in the Model Tree > Filters > put a check mark next to everything you would like to see (ie Features) > Apply > OK > Settings > Save Settings File. You may need to move this saved file via Windows Explorer to your default working directly. This desired location should be on a specific drive or in a folder on a server perhaps. Good luck and let us know if you any further questions, Joel

I appreciate the responses. I found out how to do it in the tree filter. I have been using Pro E somewhat regularly for about 2 1/2 years now, and I am still continually finding new tricks and settings to play with. I feel like I am only at about maybe 50% understanding of everything it can do. But what is still odd to me is why it seems to turn itself off and on. Last night before I saw these responses and figured out how to set it myself, it reverted and turned on features in assembly mode again, all by itself. Strange.

Also, how deeply nested are your assemblies? If you go past 24 levels you will be in trouble. Kathy
Top Tags