cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Motion Induced Stress Analysis

hthomson
1-Newbie

Motion Induced Stress Analysis

Hi,

I often have to review steel weldments for structural integrity which are located on a moving vessel (Pitch, Roll, Heave etc). Previously I have calculated the forces induced due to the vessel motion and added teh forces to the model in a static analysis which works okay and has passed 3rd party verification in the past.

However I feel like it should be possible to miss out the hand calcs and input the vessel motion into Creo directly (i.e. pitches 8 degs in 5 secs, rolls 8 degs in 5 secs, heaves 10m in 10 secs etc etc..) and have it spit out the the resulting stresses. Can Creo do this (dynamic analysis?) and if so any pointers?

Thanks,

Hugh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:hthomson)

Hugh,

You may have better luck in the Analysis and Simulation section under Creo. Most of those users are in the Creo forum also, so it may be a wash.

Maybe I'll see you around the office since we work at the same company!!

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:hthomson)

Hugh,

You may have better luck in the Analysis and Simulation section under Creo. Most of those users are in the Creo forum also, so it may be a wash.

Maybe I'll see you around the office since we work at the same company!!

Steve

Top Tags